Due to increasing age, childbirth, or multiple pregnancies, the intimate female body parts may change in appearance and function.
Women face urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness, saggy labia, sensitivity loss in the vagina, discoloration, or hyperpigmentation around the intimate areas as they grow older.
Cosmetic gynecology improves the appearance and functionality of female intimate parts, making them firmer and youthful.
Aims of Cosmetic Gynecology Treatment
- To restore the youthfulness of the vagina, clitoris, and labia (intimate female body parts)
- To increase genital sensations and secual pleasure
- To reduce hyperpigmentation or discoloration of intimate parts
- To tighten the loose skin of the labia via labiaplasty
- To treat urinary incontinence
- To restore better functionality of intimate parts of a woman
Cosmetic gynecology procedures: Non-surgical and Surgical
The non-surgical gynecological procedures are done with a medically approved device. The advanced device uses laser energy for the following non-surgical gynecology treatments.
- Vaginal rejuvenation-It is an umbrella term for vaginal corrective treatment. It tightens the vagina and eliminates incontinence and vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal Tightening– Loose vagina can lower your stimulation and reduce pleasurable sensations. The non-surgical vaginal tightening aims to tighten vaginal tissues and reduces vaginal atrophy and vaginal dryness.
- Vulvovaginal PRP treatment- PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma. In vulvovaginal PRP treatment, platelet-rich plasma is injected into the vagina or clitoris to trigger stem cells and grow “younger” tissues.
- Bikini bleaching– Often area around the vagina may darken. Vaginal bleaching or Bikini bleaching brightens the sensitive area around the intimate region via bleaching.
Few other non-surgical cosmetic gynecology procedures include:
- Postpartum stretch marks removal
- Lichen Sclerosis
- O spot or G spot Enhancement
Most of these treatments are performed in 4-5 sessions with a 22-25 days gap between each session.
The hymen is a ringlike membrane in a vagina. Forced penetration, heavy workouts, or sports may damage or break the hymen, which can be displeasing for some women. Hymenoplasty is the surgical reconstruction of the hymen. A gynecologist uses dissolvable sutures to sew the torn hymen and reconstruct it.
Labiaplasty is surgery to reduce the size of labia minora -the skin flaps on either side of the vaginal opening. The labiaplasty can improve the appearance of the intimate area and increase confidence and pleasure during intimacy.
It is another surgical cosmetic gynecological procedure for a vagina that has expanded due to intercourse or childbirth. Multiple childbirths can permanently increase the width of the vagina and loosen its surrounding tissues. Vaginoplasty aims to repair and reconstruct loose vaginal tissues and reduce the vaginal width.
Though a popular cosmetic gynecology procedure, vaginoplasty is also a reconstructive procedure as it reconstructs the vaginal tissues.
Cosmetic gynecology treatment is becoming very popular these days, and more women are enjoying the benefits of the short and safe techniques it offers.
With surgical and non-surgical approaches to cosmetic gynecology, women can enjoy better intimate health, more pleasurable sexual experiences, and ultimately, improved quality of life.
Dr. Ramit Kamate is one of the best sexologists and gynecologists in Pune. You can discuss your intimate issues in a very private and professional consultation with him, and he will guide you with the best procedures to eliminate your intimate health issues.