Enhancing Sperm Health During Infertility Treatment
Whenever a couple faces infertility, both are thoroughly checked to determine the cause of infertility. If the issue is found in the man, it is most likely an issue with the sperm’s health. But worry not. Today, there are many lifestyle and dietary changes and medical treatments administered by the best male infertility treatment doctors in Pune and other cities that can help enhance sperm health.
In the following blog, let us look at the ways sperm health is enhanced during infertility treatment.
Lifestyle Changes to Enhance Sperm Health
Lifestyle is a major factor that affects sperm quality. So, if you have been indulging in vices, you need to stop right now and make a permanent change.
- Smoking – Stop smoking as it greatly affects the quality of the sperm. It has been found to decrease sperm count. Also, the stress response pathways get activated in the sperm.
- Drinking Alcohol – Studies show men who drink excessively have low sperm production and testosterone. Alcohol also causes testicular atrophy. So, alcohol consumption needs to be stopped for infertility treatment.
- Drug Use – Hard drugs damage a lot of normal human body functions, so of course, reproductive functions are also affected. Testosterone and sperm production are greatly hampered, so drug use has to stop.
- Weight Gain – 42% of obese men are likely to have a low sperm count. So, start moving and lifting weights to boost testosterone and sperm health.
Dietary Supplements and Sperm Health
The diet also plays a huge role in sperm health. Today, scientists have been able to identify what foods and dietary supplements can help boost sperm health. Ayurveda has also been a treasure trove of information on such matters.
- A balanced diet, packed with nutrients, minus processed food, is the first thing any good sexologist doctor for males will recommend.
- Selenium and zinc boost sperm motility and production in the body, while vitamins C and E mitigate damage to the sperm.
- All the above nutrients can be found in lean proteins, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits.
- If nutrients aren’t coming through food, doctors can prescribe medicines and supplements.
- Shilajit has been found to boost testosterone, so this can also be prescribed by your doctor.
Medical Treatments for Enhancing Sperm Health
After conducting tests, the doctor will determine what condition you are suffering from. The two most common conditions are called Oligospermia and Azoospermia. In Oligospermia, the body produces a low amount of sperm and in Azoospermia, the body does not produce sperm at all. However, there are many treatments like In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) that can help you become a father.
For the best treatments to enhance sperm quality and cure infertility, you should consult Dr. Ramit Kamate. He is one of the best sexologists in Pune, heading Nakshatra Clinic. He has treated countless males and helped them achieve fatherhood. Nakshatra Clinic also offers excellent yet affordable female infertility treatments and IUI and IVF treatments in Pune, so no matter what the issue, you are going to find a solution to your infertility issues. Contact us today for more information and an appointment.